Friday 24 May 2013

Rimmel salon pro nail varnish

I heard from a good source that the new Rimmel salon gel finish nail varnishes which claim to stay chip free for 10days actually chip after 2 days.

Naturally I had to see this for myself. On arrival at the Rimmel stand I am spoilt for choice in colours, and bearing in mind I have too many nail varnishes anyway I ended up going for a nude shade. It's sometimes difficult to find a good nude shade to suit your skin tone but I thought I would give it a go.

I was pleasantly surprised when I started applying this shade as it dried down to a dusty pink/nude shade which I find very flattering on my nails.

Rimmel Salon Pro with Lycra- 237 soul session
When you open this nailvarnish first you realise it's got a lovely wide application brush which really does make the application easier as you can coat a nail fully in two strokes. The formula is slightly thicker than a standard polish but I would have expected that as it boasts a gel like finish but it applys smooth and I applied three thin coat without a top coat to test the claims it will last 10days chip free. 
The polish was fully opaque after two coats and the finish is high shine and quite impressive, it dried surprisingly fast aswel! 

So the bottle claims, 'long lasting nail polish, up to 10 days. Gel like finish. Chip resistant and anti-fade colour.' 

I would say these claims aren't too far fetched the nail varnish has a quality professional gel like finish and although the nailvarnish didn't last anywhere near 10days it was anti-fade and the colour and shine was still there after 4/5 days. The polish did start chipping after about 4 days but I think I good topcoat could have sorted that out. Personally I like to change my polish after about 5 days anyway so it wasn't the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment