Wednesday 17 April 2013

Garnier Moisture Match - oily/combination skin

I am currently on the hunt for the perfect moisturiser, and I can't be the only one!

For the past month I have been using Elemis Fresh Skin - Skin Clear Mattifying Moisturiser which at £20 wasn't cheap and even though I enjoyed using I feel there is still something better out there to be found. It is full of essential oils and has a refreshing fragrance but it isn't a WOW product. Therefore, I have chosen not to repurchase it and to continue to search.

I had noticed a lot of advertisements for the new Garnier Moisture Match range and as I can get shiny throughout the day I went for the 24hour hydrating mattifying cream! This was on offer in Boots for £3.99 which I this had £2.00 off and usually retails at £5.99 so what did I have to loose?

This product slides on easily and it is refreshing and light and more like a gel formula. It's a good base for make up and will feel fresh applying it on summer mornings. It has a light scent similar to cucumbers. As for claiming to be mattifying for 24 hours I feel that may be a little exaggerated but i would personally say I had a good 8 hours without shine when worn under make up- which I think is pretty good :)

Has anyone tried any of the other moisturisers from the Garnier Moisture Match range?

4 comments:

  1. Great review, I might pick one up next time I'm out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laila, let me know if you like it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley love the blog so far. When are you going to start reviewing afternoon tea venues? As a fellow tea lover I'd love to hear views from a tea connosieur like yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment. I am excited to start reviewing afternoon tea venues as soon as possible so please keep checking back :) x

    ReplyDelete